- "The death of Manas". The version of S.Orozbakov. Manas series.
Published in Frunze 1940. 63 pages. 15 cm.
- "Urgench". The version of A.Irismendiev. Edited by I.Abdirakmanov.
Frunze, 1941. 62 pages. 15 cm. (Manas series).
- "Semetey returns from Buhara to Talas". The version of
B.Abdrakhmanov (Togolok Moldo). Edited by I.Abdrakhmanov. Manas
series. Published in Frunze, 1941. 54 pages. 15 cm.
- "The childhood of Manas". The version of S.Orozbakov. Manas
series. Published in Frunze, 1940. 130 pages. 15cm.
- "Kanykei launches Taitoru for the races" The version of
S.Karalaev. Manas series. Published in Frunze, 1941. 154 pages. 15 cm.
All these old Kyrgyz books are part of the Fund of Rare and
Valuable Documents of the National Library of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Being a heroic epos and an essential part of the folklore heritage of
the Kyrgyz People, "Manas" as a world biggest epic poem created more
than thousand years ago is also one of the valuable memorials of the
world cultural heritage. The year 1995 was annouced by UNESCO as a
"Year of Manas", and was celebrated as a 1000-anniversary of the Manas
The CD-ROM has two-language (English and Russian) interface, and
contains the content of the 18 books (total 1535 pages) in graphical
form, to preserve an original image of each book as it is. Historical
and scientific comments, references and remarks, as well as some
Kyrgyz folk music and historical data sheets about the country and
National Library are included.
Authors and publishers:
Copyright (c)2000 UNESCO "HeritageNet"
Project Director: Bolot K.Sadybakasov, Ph.D., National Library of the
Content: National Library of the Kyrgyz Republic
Design: Alexey Somov and Bolot Sadybakasov
Music: "Muras" folk music group
Collection selection: Ms Anara Chunubayeva, Director, National Library
of the Kyrgyz Republic
Technical support: UNESCO Almaty Office, CI/INF
Minimal computer configuration:
- Pentium processor-based personal computer (Pentium 150 recommended)
- Microsoft Windows 95/98 or Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 3 or
- 16 MB of RAM on Windows 95/98 (32 MB recommended)
- 24 MB of RAM on Windows NT (32 MB recommended)
- 10 MB of available hard disk space
- 8x CD-ROM drive
- sound devise (recommended)
National Library of Kyrgyzstan
>>To Manas publication
Terms: CD-ROM, distributed under the terms of
the GNU General Public
HeritageNet agreement. It runs on Windows.